Sunday 16 June 2013


One of my happiest memories is of my elementary school days in USA .

I was nine years old when my family moved to America . I liked life in the United States and got used to it easily . However , I was always proud of being a Saudi national . One day , the school took us on a field trip to the John F. kennedy Centre in Washington DC .

The centre was full of interesting things to see . I listened carefully to what the tour guide and our teacher had to say about the exhibits . I wanted to get home and tell my family about the exhibits . To leave the  centre , we had to pass the Hall of Flags . The guide told us that the flag of every country in the world hangs in this hall . Hurriedly my eyes searched for the Saudi flag  .

I simply stood under it and saluted it . My teacher and classmates were touched by my patriotism . They spent the rest of the day telling everyone how wonderful it was for a child to love his country so much . It was a memorable day indeed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment